Monday, February 2, 2009

Worn out – and grateful

I'm worn out by the past eight days but at the same time I'm confident and energized. Everything about this week – the training, the orientation sessions, the coaches and more – has been beneficial and has eased my concerns about making the transition from student to reporter.

That positive experience is especially true of the relationships I've formed. The staff was incredible, and I loved having alums of the program join us for the orientation sessions and multimedia training. Talking to them and hearing about their experience has been encouraging for me because I was feeling uncertain about my future in journalism. I questioned whether I had what it took and if I'd be able to survive. These Chipsters and their successes, coupled with all the sessions, made me feel more confident and secure.

I truly feel like I'm a part of this family now. I feel as if I have a strong support network. I'm grateful to everyone for all they did and for the opportunity of being a Chips Quinn Scholar.

No comments:

Post a Comment