Monday, February 2, 2009

Ready for duty

I've survived my week at the Freedom Forum here in Nashville, Tenn. -- literally. I can't remember the last time I've been so sick. Having spent so much time in my hotel bed, with little to do, I found my thoughts running away: "Am I really doing this? Can I be so lucky? What if this isn't it for me? What if it is?"

In a few hours I'll be on a plane back to the Lone Star State, where I'll spend a little more than 24 hours preparing to move to Oregon. I'm leaving Chips Quinn orientation in Nashville with some new knowledge but mainly some extra earnestness, drive, excitement and respect for building a relationship with a new community through my work.

This week with the Chips Quinn program has made the 2,600-mile drive and everything else required of me like some sort of duty that I'm ready to report for.

No comments:

Post a Comment