Monday, February 2, 2009

One week vs. one semester

I have learned more in the past week during multimedia training at the Freedom Forum Diversity Institute than I did in a semester of college. My experience in Nashville, Tenn., was rich and filled with useful knowledge.

The instructors gave me great constructive criticism that made me aware of how to improve my skills. They did it in a way that didn’t put me down, but rather inspired me to want to do better and achieve more.

By working in groups, I was able to use my own ideas and learn from the colleagues I was working with, whether it was a technique in editing or a better camera angle.

Sharing the stories we produced was one of my favorite times of each day. The stories consistently blew me away. We were lucky to be surrounded by such great journalists who got along so well and respected each other’s ideas. I’ve made many new friends, both among peers and instructors.

Thank you to the instructors for giving me important tools that I can use to further my career, to everyone at the Freedom Forum for organizing this event and taking care of the technical issues without a glitch, and for making it possible for me to be here. And thank you to my peers for making the week so much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment