Monday, February 2, 2009

‘I learned to keep on learning’

I was certainly apprehensive about coming to Nashville, Tenn., and learning about what to me is new technology. I had doubts about whether I could produce videos and I didn't even know what Soundslides was. Now I am confident and excited about bringing some multimedia skills back to my newspaper.

I learned so much from everyone, including the wonderful instructors and talented participants. Most important, I learned to keep on learning and to be confident in my ability to learn. As journalists, we are naturally curious and I've learned to be able to use that curiosity to explore the world of multimedia.

I am most grateful for gaining a network of colleagues and for the inspiration that everyone has given me. I hope to be able to tap into that after I return to my newsroom.
Thank you to everyone for making this a great experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment