Monday, February 2, 2009

Renewed commitment

When I arrived in Nashville, I was scared.

I found myself weary about the future of journalism, about why I still wanted to pursue it, and wondering if maybe I was on the brink of insanity for wanting to plunge into this industry despite all the warnings.

That’s no longer the case. And I know I'm not alone, thanks to the training, laughs and fun I've had in eight short days. Even though I'm more sleep-deprived than ever, I'll never forget this experience. I'll use the information I've learned and communicate with the friends I've gained for the rest of my career. I can return to Oregon with a new sense of purpose for myself and my newsroom. I've said this over and over, but now I'm armed with the tools and the energy to be a great intern and an even better journalist.

I'm going to volunteer for everything I can, work on audio and my photography in my spare time, and make sure every story I tell is fresh.

It may sound corny, but I'm also going to keep the little pieces of energy from each of you close to my heart, where it belongs. Thanks for the inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment