Monday, February 2, 2009

A new verb – ‘to multimedia’

My Chips Quinn scholarship continues to be a wonderful experience. Although I am attending the multimedia training months after my summer internship ended, I feel like it was only yesterday that I last saw the wonderful Freedom Forum staff.

The multimedia program has been intense and comprehensive. I’ve learned more in a week than I have in many multimedia classes in school. The instructors have gone above and beyond their responsibilities to guide and encourage our multimedia growth.

Gone is my fear of the unknown, replaced by excitement as I await my next project. I will buy a video camera as soon as possible and work to capture footage that complements my Soundslides. With this newfound knowledge and desire “to multimedia the world,” I will improve my portfolio and standing as a visual journalist.

No comments:

Post a Comment