Friday, January 23, 2009

New energy

Almost all of the journalists I am close friends with have gone through the Chips Quinn Scholars program and have encouraged me to apply. I first heard about the program during my freshman year at the Daily Texan, UT's student newspaper. Going through journalism school and various internships over four years, I kept hearing about how the CQS program changed my friends' lives. That attitude truly set the bar for the coming week, but I have no doubt that the high expectations that have been unintentionally set for me will be met.

I hope that this program will boost my enthusiasm about journalism, especially since buyouts, layoffs and now furloughs have chipped away at the morale in my newsroom.
Along with my newfound journalism energy, I expect to take back with me the multimedia skills I need to stay afloat in this economy and state of the industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment