Friday, January 23, 2009

Rising expectations

(Chips Quinn Co-founder John C. Quinn and his ubiquitous walking stick./Photo by Bettina Hansen)


Initially I expected to learn a few things about multimedia and leave Nashville a better reporter for having participated in the Chips Quinn Scholars program. However, after listening to speeches from Jack Marsh, the Freedom Forum's vice president for diversity programs, and CQS program Co-founder John Quinn, among others, my expectations have extended beyond the practical to the personal. My expectations still include improving as a reporter. But I now look forward to making good friends and being a part of a community that has a noble cause at its heart. With career coaches Mary Ann Hogan and Colleen Fitzpatrick also being a part of the program, I think my career will take off on the right track a lot sooner than expected and I expect to learn from and interact with them quite a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment